When we are all trying our best to stay safe at home, celebrating special occasions can be a bit hard with no access to party accessories. This is when we can all tap into our creative talent and skills and make our own decorations at home. Whatever the outcome, it is always the thought that counts.
1. Use that printer to max, take print outs of photographs and put them on your walls to bring back fond memories. you could also paste them boxes and other items for a unique look.
2. Light up the house creatively by strategically placing bulbs and lamps. Make use of wooden items, planters and boxes with cut outs. Don’t forget those lights from Diwali or Christmas, hang them around the house and light up all nooks and corners.
3. A green way to decorate is to get all your plants indoors, only for a day! Arrange them around the area where the party will take place and make it look like you are celebrating in the natural outdoors with lots of green around.
4. If you have kids in the house there will be no dearth of paint and glitter. Get your old mugs out and paint them all over, stick on the glitter and paint names to make them for everyone at home. If you are adventurous, the paint and glitter could go on the furniture as well to liven things up.
5. Old clothes are also a very handy item to make gifts and decorations. Cut them into strips, hand them on fans and doors. Make patches and sew them into quilts or cushion covers. Make colorful and funky drapes out of them. There is so much you can do with shiny and bright fabric.
It is important that we stay indoors in these difficult times but it is equally important that we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and all occasions to keep expressing the feeling of love and making sure everyone is in good spirits. So dont let the lockdown bring down you enthusiasm and creativity.